THE DIVING SCHOOL
The ATLANTIC STAR is a first choice diving school for both experienced and novice divers on Cape Verde.
Our international team is trained to assist divers during their dives and tutor beginners during their training. For divers wishing to obtain a diploma at the end of their training program, an air-conditioned classroom is available at the center for theoretical courses.
The recently opened diving school has state-of-the-art equipment which will meet the needs of the most demanding divers. Customers who arrive with their own equipment can store it at the center free of charge during their stay.
Our diving center is fully self-sufficient to fill its own diving tanks and has its own fully equipped repair shop.
Our diving team includes 4 instructors, 2 mariners, 1 receptionist and several assistants.
Available to visitors :
- 8 x 10L steel tanks, INT/DIN 1 output valve
- 40 x 12L steel tanks, INT/DIN 1 output valve
- 12 x 15L steel tanks, 2 outputs INT/DIN valve
- 15 fully fitted regulators
- Neoprene 5mm wetsuits. Size XS to XXXL
- Masks and snorkels
- Slip-on and adjustable diving fins
- Hard sole boots. Size XS to XL
- Diving computers (interface available to transfer your data)
- Traditional and elastic weight diving belts
- Shorty 2mm neoprene wetsuits for snorkeling
- Diving gear bags
- A powerful and silent diving compressor, flow rate 450 L/min to inflate tanks
Twenty years’ experience on Cape Verde have led us to choose two semi-hard ZODIAC PRO 750 boat fitted for diving with 2 Yamaha 115HP outboard motors and equipped with a side ladder to facilitate climbing back on board, and safety apparatus (oxygen, VHF radio, first aid kit) and digital instrumentation (GPS, fishfinder…).
Each boats can contain up to 10 divers and 2 supervisors.
Our boat are designed to meet different needs: snorkeling, full day diving excursions, short, medium and long distance dives. Private rentals can be arranged for individual diving excursions.
All divers are accompanied by our instructor during the dives. If necessary, divers will be divided into groups according to their qualifications, to maximize the enjoyment of each diver.
IMPORTANT: we can arrange transfers from your hotel in Santa Maria to our diving school free of charge.